Need a Second Opinion
We understand it can be confusing and frightening when faced with neurosurgery/ spinal surgery.
Getting a second opinion is often a good idea.
A Clear Understanding
Knowing all your options, and asking more questions should be part of the decision process. A second opinion can also help provide peace of mind.
Getting a second opinion from another specialist will not offend your current doctor, it is simply a means of empowering and educating yourself about your condition and your options.
All Options Should Be Considered
There are many advanced imaging techniques, minimally invasive procedures and approaches available today, and any patient would be wise to get a second opinion from another neurosurgeon.
Our Second Opinion Program can provide you with
A thorough review of your previous images, diagnosis, and an evaluation of the recommended treatment
Your goal is to gain clarity and work with a team of experts who can guide you on your decision path.
1.Confirm Your Diagnosis
- Suggest additional tests.
- Many neurosurgical conditions look alike on initial imaging, and an accurate diagnosis is absolutely critical to creating the best treatment plan.
- If we have any reason to believe your diagnosis needs confirmation, we may recommend additional advanced imaging or other tests to verify your condition.
2.Provide Treatment Options
- Provide information about treatment options.
- Not every doctor or hospital has access to the most advanced technology or has the specialized training to perform minimally invasive surgery.
- We may be able to suggest a minimal-access alternative to open surgery that your doctor is not able to provide.
3.Assess Your Risk
- Different treatment options carry different risks
- Treatment Options often depend on a patient’s age and general health, medical and family history
- Our second opinion will assess your risk based on your own individual situation.
4.Make a recommendation
- Vellore will recommend a course of treatment that he believes is best for you.
The ultimate decision is yours to make, but rest assured that we are standing by to help you make the right choice.
Ready to request a second opinion?
When you are ready to get started, please contact our rooms either via online contact form, email, telephone or fax and provide details of your current condition and a valid referral from your general practitioner.
Appointments may be made at any of our convenient consulting locations
Our Scope of Opinions
Mr.Vellore can provide expert second opinions on a wide range of neurosurgical conditions, including:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Disc bulge/prolapse/herniation
- Spinal fractures
- Spinal tumours
- Adult spinal deformity
- Brain tumours
- Peripheral nerve
- Work and Accident related spinal injuries